Position: Visa Officer
Type of employment: Full time, a one-year local employment contract with the possibility of extension
Starting date: Negotiable, preferably early January 2018
Location: Danish Embassy in Bangkok, 10 Sathorn soi 1, 10120 Bangkok, Thailand
Deadline for application: 18.10.2017
The Embassy is seeking to recruit a dynamic and flexible Visa Officer. You will be working in a team of currently 11 employees. The main tasks of the Visa Team is to assist Thai nationals obtaining visa to Schengen. As Visa Officer, you will be responsible for processing visa applications. You are, however, expected to show the flexibility required for an optimal handling of the entire portfolio of the Embassy and thus be ready to contribute to handling tasks outside your own portfolio.
The job consists of:
- Importing the applications into the electronic UM-VIS-system for case handling.
- Printing visa and residence stickers.
- Checking and electronically processing applications for visa and residence permits.
- Communication with applicants, Danish references, companies, The Danish Immigration Service, VFS Application Centre, etc.
- Handling cases of stay permits, re-entry permits, adoptions cases and au-pair interviews etc.
- Approving visa applications.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Fluent in English; oral and written.
- Fluent in either Danish or other Scandinavian language is an advantage.
- Citizenship of an EU country is an advantage.
- Service-minded and considerate with ability to keep composure in a busy work environment.
- Able to work in a structured manner and with an eye for details.
- Good knowledge of the MS-Office package.
- Experience from similar kind of work is an advantage, but not a requirement.
We can offer:
- A position in an international, dynamic environment.
- Favourable employment conditions.
- Training on Schengen visa application procedures and regulations.
- Training in the electronic visa processing system of the Danish Foreign Service: UM-VIS.
- Being part of a team with helpful and positive colleagues.
Application and recruitment process
To apply for the position, please send your application: cover letter, CV in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org, titled “Applicant for Visa Officer”.
The Embassy attaches great importance to equal opportunities for all and therefore welcomes applications from all qualified persons regardless of race, sex, religion, age or disability.
For more information about the position, please contact Ea Laura Palmqvist on phone: +66 (0) 2 343 1102
or via e-mail: email@example.com, Att: Ea Laura Palmqvist.
We look forward to hearing from you.